TODAY'S NEST BLOG SITES SWEEPSTAKES
OFFICIAL RULES (Valid from May 27, 2013 to May 26, 2014)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. YOU MUST BE A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. WHO IS SIXTEEN (16) YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. EACH SWEEPSTAKES ON THE TODAY'S NEST BLOG (EACH, A “BLOG SWEEPSTAKES”) WILL BE ADMINISTERED BY TODAY'S NEST. Do not enter A BLOG SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT A LEGAL RESIDENT OF THE U.S. or have not reached sixteen (16) years of age. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN A BLOG SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES (THE “OFFICIAL RULES”) AND THE DECISIONS OF theSPONSOR, WHICH ARE FINAL AND BINDING.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD & PRIZE PERIODS. The start and end (date and time) of each Prize Period will be announced on the Today's Nest Blog relating to the specific Blog Sweepstakes. There shall be no more than one Prize Period per day with respect to the Today's Nest Blog. The computer of the Sponsor is the official timekeeping device of each Blog Sweepstakes.
2. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for a Blog Sweepstakes, you must be: (a) a legal resident of the U.S. and (b) sixteen (16) years of age or older at the time of entry. An entrant who is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry should obtain his/her parent or legal guardian’s consent prior to entry. Employees of the Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members and/or the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in a Blog Sweepstakes. For greater certainty, authors who have been published by the Sponsor or its affiliates are eligible to enter. For the purpose of these Official Rules, “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household. The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in a Blog Sweepstakes. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of a Blog Sweepstakes must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant should he/she supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
3. HOW TO ENTER. There is no purchase necessary to enter a BLOG Sweepstakes. Throughout the Sweepstakes Period, the Sponsor will post a message to the Today's Nest blog promoting a Blog Sweepstakes and setting out the close of the Prize Period, a description and the value of each prize, and the method of entry (each, a “Prize Period Commencement Message”). In order to enter a Blog Sweepstakes, entrants will be invited by the Sponsor to post a comment on the relevant Today's Nest article during the Prize Period.
Entries must be received no later than the end of the applicable Prize Period set out in the Prize Period Commencement Message. Limit of one (1) entry per person by comment per Prize Period, unless otherwise specified by the Sponsor. Multiple entries by the same person by comment during the same Prize Period shall result in disqualification. Automated and/or repetitive electronic entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro or bot) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email or IP addresses may be blocked. You must submit an entry with respect to each Prize Period to be eligible for the prize(s) available to be won during that Prize Period. Any attempt by any person to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts or any other methods will void all of that person’s entries and that person will be disqualified. The Sponsor shall not be responsible for computer system, phone line, technical, hardware, software or program failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
Entries that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state, will be disqualified as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. All entries may be reviewed for content. The Sponsor makes the final determination as to the eligibility of entries. By entering, the entrant (or the parent/legal guardian of the entrant if such entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) agrees that all entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged.
No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected to receive a Prize (defined below).
4. PRIZES. A description of the prize(s) available to be won in connection with a Blog Sweepstakes (each, a “Prize”) and the approximate retail value of each Prize will be announced by the Sponsor in the Prize Period Commencement Message. Generally, Prizes shall include items selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value of each Prize shall not exceed one hundred dollars ($100.00). Prizes will be delivered by mail to the address provided in the confirmation message sent to the Sponsor by the entrant (see below for details). The Sponsor will not be held responsible for any misdirected, lost, or returned Prizes. Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason. Any difference between the stated approximate value of a Prize and the actual value of a Prize will not be awarded. Each winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes.
5. WINNER SELECTION. At the end of each Prize Period, a potential winner will be selected by a random draw from among all eligible entries received with respect to the applicable Prize Period. The entrant must be the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, otherwise, his/her entry may be deemed void. In the event of a dispute over the identity of a potential winner, an entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received during the applicable Prize Period. EACH SELECTED POTENTIAL WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON THE TODAY'S NEST BLOG NO LATER THAN TEN (10) DAYS AFTER THE CLOSE OF THE APPLICABLE PRIZE PERIOD (THE “PRIZE NOTIFICATION”) AND MUST RESPOND WITHIN TEN (10) BUSINESS DAYS OF SUCH PRIZE NOTIFICATION.
Each selected potential winner must respond to the Prize Notification by email (or other method designated by the Sponsor), and must provide his/her full name, age, and complete mailing address. P.O. boxes will not be accepted. Selected potential winners (or their parent/legal guardian if such potential winners are under the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry) may be required, at the Sponsor’s discretion, to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including a publicity release where lawful) within ten (10) days of receipt of the Prize Notification. If the selected potential winner (or the parent/legal guardian of the potential winner if such potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) does not respond in accordance with the Official Rules, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize, and another potential winner may be selected in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected potential winner (or the parent/legal guardian of the potential winner if such potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a selected potential winner’s response (or the response of the parent/legal guardian of the potential winner if such potential winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry).
6. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering a Blog Sweepstakes, each entrant (or the parent/legal guardian of the entrant if such entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) releases and holds the Sponsor and its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliated, related and associated entities, and each of its and their respective employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively, the “Releasees”) harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant, Releasees or any other person, including property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in a Blog Sweepstakes, or in any Prize-related activity. The entrant (or the parent/legal guardian of the entrant if such entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to a Blog Sweepstakes, without limitation.
7. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for late, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, or any replies, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in a Blog Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of a Blog Sweepstakes. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing or otherwise. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in a Blog Sweepstakes. Each entrant (or the parent/legal guardian of the entrant if such entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in a Blog Sweepstakes, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any Prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that a Blog Sweepstakes cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of a Blog Sweepstakes.
8. CONDUCT. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating these Official Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of a Blog Sweepstakes; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. TERMINATION OR MODIFICATION. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate a Blog Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Blog Sweepstakes, and/or the Official Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice. In the event of cancellation for any reason during a Prize Period, a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect, entries received during the applicable Prize Period prior to cancellation will be conducted to award a Prize.
11. LAW. Each Blog Sweepstakes is subject to applicable federal, state, and municipal laws and regulations. The Official Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, state, and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Official Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant (or the parent/legal guardian of the entrant if such entrant is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of entry) and the Sponsor in connection with a Blog Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Dallas County in the state of Texas, including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
12. SPONSOR. Today's Nest, PO Box 817503, Richardson TX, 75081.