Winter chill is all around. There have been a few days lately that left me feeling as though warming up was hopeless. It doesn’t help that I haven’t much hair on top. I must admit that I am quite comfortable wearing a winter hat around the house.
To ward off some of the cold, I decided to attack the problem from the inside out. This warm cocktail is a good start. Enjoy it fireside with your fuzzy-socked feet propped up.
savour… a cup of warm
BLACK TEA HOT TODDY
Before you start:
You could certainly experiment with some of the flavors here or even the tea for that matter.
Be sure to let your tea steep for a full five minutes to get plenty of flavor.
- 2 oz whiskey
- 1 oz fresh lemon juice
- 4 oz black tea
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 lemon wedge
- 2 spoons simple syrup or honey
- Poke the cloves into the lemon wedge.
- Pour whiskey and lemon juice into a teacup.
- Prepare black tea.
- Pour the tea into a cup.
- Pour in honey or simple syrup and stir gently to dissolve.
- Add lemon wedge and cinnamon stick.
- Serve warm.