I found a post on this treat a couple of years ago and vowed to make them one day. I made them last night but never intended to make it a post. I just wanted to eat them. They are SO simple and ridiculously tasty. It seems as though there are hundreds of posts dedicated to ‘Rolos on pretzels’. There are ones with pecans mashed into them and M&Ms. Those seem to be the most common. After eating my fair share (or more) I posted a pic on Instagram and Facebook of my finished treats and some readers asked for the recipe. So here it is…
Before you start:
There are exactly 8 pieces in a standard size package of Rolos. Keep that in mind when deciding how many you are going to make and how many pretzels to line up.
Alternatively, you can purchase a sack of them, but they are individually wrapped whereas the ones in the tube are wrapped as one. I’ll let that be your call.
- Square pretzels
- Chocolate covered espresso beans
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pretzels on the baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with a Rolo right in the center.
- Bake for 4 minutes. No more.
- Remove from the oven and press a chocolate-covered espresso bean firmly down in the center.
- Allow to cool slightly on the pan.
- Finish cooling/setting in the refrigerator for an hour or so.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.