The GingerSnap ~ Recently we celebrated our new website launch. If you haven’t had a chance to check it out we hope you will click one of the links above and have a look around. For our web launch we wanted to make something flavorful, but with a little zing. This cocktail did the trick. The ginger flavor is robust. The spicy undertones of the Licor 43 add to the flavor and the peach nectar rounds it out with a bit of sweetness. Adding the dry champagne is perfect for a little counterbalance and some welcome sparkle.
savour… the life of the party
GINGER SNAP COCKTAIL
We also had another motive for making this cocktail. The fall celebration season is upon us and we wanted to offer you an option that is sure to add a new twist to your party. You can mix the liqueurs and nectar together ahead of time and finish off the steps when your party begins.
Before you start:
You may find another ginger liqueur that is acceptable, but I urge you to not steer away from Licor 43. This is a classic, and I have not found anything that is quite the same.
- 3 parts Licor 43
- 2 parts Domaine de Canton (or other ginger liqueur)
- 2 parts peach nectar
- Splash of dry champagne
- Sugar cane skewer for garnish (optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker 2/3 full with ice.
- Add liqueurs and peach nectar.
- Replace the lid and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds or until jet cold.
- Strain into champagne flute over a few cubes to about ¾ full.
- Fill remainder with champagne.
- Add garnish if desired.
- Serve immediately.