Ah, yes… the morning after.
You’ve had a lovely evening and perhaps a bit of al fresco dining to include a bright, delicious gazpacho… and maybe a few (or a few too many) drinks. Hopefully, you’ve saved some gazpacho for the morning after brunch.
Gazpacho is the perfect base for a lively bloody mary. The fresh vegetables work perfectly with the robust flavors of Worcestershire, horseradish, and hot sauce to update the classic.
savour… the morning after
Gazpacho Bloody Mary
- 6 ounces of puréed gazpacho
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 small celery stalk
- 1 green olive
- 1 lime wedge
- Add puréed gazpacho, horseradish, hot sauce, and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled ⅔ with ice.
- Shake vigorously until jet cold.
- Strain drink into a highball glass.
- Add a green olive, celery stalk (with leaves if possible), and a lime wedge to a toothpick. Place on glass rim for garnish.